VMware Communities
LostGirl1
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion and Windows 7 update keep going into Recovery mode on Mavericks

Okay, new issue. I just installed windows 7 earlier today. Upon trying to do Windows updates, there were over 140 updates required, the windows system now keeps going round in a circle and I keep getting the System Options Recovery window and then a Re-image Your Computer Warning. The system can not find the file specified error (Ox80070002). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Windows 7?

0 Kudos
LostGirl1
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, it is Windows 7 Home Premium.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Is it "Windows 7 Home Premium" or "Windows 7 Home Premium SP1" and 32-bit or 64 bit!?  If it's not SP1 then instead of starting with Windows Update I'd download the Windows 7 SP1 and apply it manually.

It will be windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe or windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe depending on the version of Windows you have and there at the bottom of the list once you click the Download button.  (The list scrolls, although it doesn't look like it does.)

After manually installing SP1 then do the rest of the update normally.

0 Kudos
LostGirl1
Contributor
Contributor

It is 32 bit it has SP1 and the issue I am having is when I go into VMware fusion and to my windows I keep getting these recovery screens. The system can't seem to locate my operating system. I have attached a screenshot for you to see. I can't even get to the point of being able to do any more downloads. on the windows side.

0 Kudos
LostGirl1
Contributor
Contributor

I am attaching the other screenshots of what the issues I am running across right now are. How can I get into the windows system at this point?

0 Kudos
LostGirl1
Contributor
Contributor

This is the last screen before it just starts all over again, and I can't get any further. Thanks for all of your efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos