VMware Communities
Robiat
Contributor
Contributor

VMware tech preview not working on Mac

Hi guys,

Please I need help, I am trying to download the VMware tech preview 21H1 on my Mac(M3chip) but I have been running into issues, I don't know what to do, i have deleted and tried to download again but it is still the same, i have another version of VMware fusion on my laptop for a separate project, could it be conflicting with the existing one because I am trying to use the 21H1 Tech preview for a different project.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That is a very old Tech Preview version now, why aren’t you trying to run the latest released Fusion version?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Robiat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response, I tried downloading the latest version too(Tech Preview2023),but it still got stuck while initializing 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Why try the Tech Previews at all?

https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/fusion-evaluation.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

The tech previews have been replaced by the release 13.5.1 version.\

Note that you should NOT run two versions of Fusion on your machine at the same time.  

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Borrowed and enhanced from the unofficial companion guide

It’s time to stop using the Tech Previews

Why?

• Tech Previews are designed for users to test pre-release versions of software and provide feedback to VMware. Beta tests don’t last forever, though. For the 2023 Tech Preview, the beta testing period ended when Fusion 13.5 was released in October 2023.
  • Fusion 13.5 and later contain all the features that were previewed in the 2023 Tech Preview (as well as older 21H1 and 22H2 Tech Previews). Plus some.
  • Tech Previews have known bugs and security vulnerabilities that are fixed in the released versions.
  • Tech Previews are totally unsupported by VMware. If you have a problem with them, the first response from anyone (in the Fusion forums or from VMware Support) will be to upgrade to an officially released version.
  • You won’t get help for Tech Previews by posting in the Tech Preview discussion forums. The testing periods are over, so there’s nobody monitoring those forums.

There’s no reason to continue to use Tech Previews. Upgrade to Fusion 13.5 or later.

You say you're using Fusion for a "project". If that's a school project, you might want to look at the free personal use license for Fusion. That will allow you to use Fusion 13.5.1 on your M3 Mac at no charge  If this is a work-based "project", you really should be using a paid Fusion Player or Pro license as using Fusion for work is considered commercial use.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos