VMware Communities
raulox
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Tools error un Fusion 1.1.1

I have already installed Windows XP, Os up and running. When I try to install vmware tools I get this error:

WARNING: You cannot install the VMware Tools package until the guest operating system is running. If your guest operating system is not running, choose Cancel and install the VMware Tools package later.

If I continue the installation nothing happens. Meanwhile I have to run XP on a 1024x768 screen and really really slow mouse pointer.

Any help pls?!

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

I think VMware Tools installation wizard is not prompting for you go ahead and open the my computer and double click on VMware Tools (Which is your CD/DVD in virtual machine) and check you can install VMware Tools

0 Kudos
raulox
Contributor
Contributor

inside my pc, there is no vmware tool icon o cd/dvd mounted for tool installation. see the file

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

Go to Vmware Fusion Settings-->click on CD/DVD and select Use disk image --> click on Choose --> navigate to /Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages/ Select Windows.iso and click open and install VMware Tools

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know why the Tools CD wouldn't show up, but all the install menu item does is connect the CD. You can do this yourself by going to Virtual Machine > Settings > CD/DVD, then telling fusion to use a disk image, and choosing /Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages/windows.iso.

0 Kudos
raulox
Contributor
Contributor

sorry dude, i don`t have vmware fusion folder under application support. should I re install? thanks !!!

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

Are you looking in users Library folder?

please go to Mac HDD/Library/Application Support

0 Kudos
raulox
Contributor
Contributor

:smileygrin: one step closer. windows.iso is already mapped but vmware tool icon on the drive doesn`t appear. see the file. thanks again

0 Kudos
raulox
Contributor
Contributor

??

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

1) Restart your Windows Virtual machine

2) Open My computer check you can see VMware Tools

if not

go VMware Fusion Menu -->virtual machine and select Install VMware Tools and try installing VMware Tools

0 Kudos