VMware Communities
sync24
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2019 support for NAT/Private networks and internet routing

I am running two windows 2019 servers. Server-A (a domain controller) has two NW interfaces (NAT & Private) and Server-B with one interface (Private).

Server-B has a manual IP setting and the default gateway is the private IP of Server-A.

Internet is working fine on Server-A, I am able to nslookup google.com from Server-B and also can ping Server-A from Server-B

However, I have no internet connection on Server-B nor am I able to join Server-A to the domain.

The Windows Firewall is disabled on both hosts.

This config works fine on windows 2012. IE if Server-A is Windows 2012 configured exactly the same and Server-B is Windows 2019

The release notes for 11.02 state that windows 2019 is supported - VMware Fusion 11.0.2 Release Notes

Can VMware confirm Windows 2019 support in Fusion 11.02/3 and that the stated configuration is correct/supported, anyone else got any ideas - is this a windows 2019 issue or a problem with Fusion 11.03?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sync24

I am able to nslookup google.com from Server-B

What's the DNS sever nslookup returns?

0 Kudos
sync24
Contributor
Contributor

I needed to configure RRAS + NAT in Windows 2019 to share the internet connection from the private network to the public network on my server acting as the default/internet gateway. Once I did this all hosts on the private host-only network are able to route out to the internet.

0 Kudos