VMware Communities
jbaughccm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows11 Pro unable to connect to internet

I'm running VMWare version 13.5.0. I've installed Windows 11 64-bit Arm version of Windows11 on my M2 MacBook Pro.  But I am unable to connect to the internet in Windows.  I have tried all the options in "Network Adapter" settings. "Share with my Mac" selection works fine on my Intel Mac. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The first thing that comes to mind is that the VMware network driver isn't installed in the VM.

What ISO did you use to install the VM? 

Are VMware Tools installed in the VM? 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The first thing that comes to mind is that the VMware network driver isn't installed in the VM.

What ISO did you use to install the VM? 

Are VMware Tools installed in the VM? 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
jbaughccm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Technogeezer:    You are exactly correct!   I was certain that I had installed the VMWare Tools. But when I looked under "Virtual Machine" in the VMware menu I found an option that said something like "cancel VMware Tools installation" that was grayed out. That made me realize that VMWare Tools was not installed.  I then repeated the VMTools installation process and this time it proceeded properly.  And of course then I was able to connect to the internet. Thank you so much for your prompt assistance.

John

0 Kudos