VMware Communities
Carofhull
Contributor
Contributor

help!My Windows on Fusion got locked and cannot unlock it

Can anyone help me out there? When I tried to open up windows using Fusion on my MAC a notice popped up saying Window e Edition File Locked. I cannot unlock it. anyone know how i can unlock it to access windows?

thanks,

Carol

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

When I tried to open up windows using Fusion on my MAC a notice popped up saying Window e Edition File Locked.

Have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Navigating VMware Fusion > Using the Virtual Machine Library Window > Determine the location of a virtual machine's files

Have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Using the VMware Fusion Interface > Working with Virtual Machine Packages

==========

This is what you do...

Ctrl-click the entry in the Virtual Machine Library and select Show In Finder and then ctrl-click the Virtual Machine Package and select Show Package Contents.

Close Fusion and then delete any .lck folders/files within the target Virtual Machine Package.

Open Fusion and run the target Virtual Machine.

0 Kudos
Carofhull
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Woody,

Thanks fore replying however I cannot get into the Virtual library as it is locked. This is the problem how do I get it unlocked? thanks

Carol

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I cannot get into the Virtual library as it is locked. This is the problem how do I get it unlocked?

AFAIK The Virtual Machine Library windows does not nor can it lock so I'm not sure what you are referring to at this point.

If, presently, you only have one Virtual Machine and it starts automatically when starting Fusion and this is when you're getting the error message then have a look at the following:

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Navigating VMware Fusion > Using the Virtual Machine Library Window

Note specifically the paragraph that states:

If you have Fusion set up to show a favorite virtual machine at startup, you can get access to the Virtual Machine Library window by selecting Window > Virtual Machine Library from the menu bar.

It is from here that you can ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine and select Show in Finder and then Close Fusion and then ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine Package and select Show Package Contents and then delete the .lck Folder(s)/File(s)...

Otherwise attach a screenshot of what you're looking at.

0 Kudos
G0ldenb0y
Contributor
Contributor

Worked a treat thanks WoodyZ.

0 Kudos