VMware Communities
Migo33
Contributor
Contributor

just bought Fusion 4 but it's not working on 10.5.8

Why the hell VM Ware advertise a big banner on launch of Fusion application to buy version 4 while it's running on a 10.5.8 OS???? They must show in big bold letters that this version only works on 10.6 and above !!!

just lost $50 this morning. Really annoying.

Thanks VMware.

Micha

0 Kudos
2 Replies
treee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No you must check if your machine lives up to the system requirements.. If you go to the Fusion product page there is a box on the right hand side that says "Check System Requirements". This one does not say anything about Leopard (10.5) but only something about Lion and Snow Leopard. If you click on the tab "resources" there is a link called "System Requirements". This one is much more clear, it specifically tells you that you need Snow Leopard or Lion in order to run it.

If you still fail all that there is something called "a trial version": you can use the software up to 30 days for free. This version is specifically aimed at people who want to try it out before buying so they can check if it can run on their system for example   Smiley Wink

So the right question to ask is why you didn't do all this.

0 Kudos
Migo33
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

I have been using Fusion since version 1 and always liked it. I don't need a trial version. The reason I bought it was the fact that each time I started Fusion it gave me this big banner message telling me to upgrade. This banner should either not show while using Leopard or show a big sign that it's only for Leopard and above.

In some ways it's missleading information but I will keep it as I am intending to buy a new Mac soon with Lion on it.

Cheers

Micha

0 Kudos