VMware Communities
maxamy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

memory

You guys are awesome...I have 1 more question then I will leave you alone....When I try to change the memory settings in my vmware windows xp it is gray and will not let me change it...however in my win98 virtual os i can change ....I have a core 2 duo macbook 4 gig ram....250 gig hard drive and a 40gig virtual ...........512 is my win xp vm os and it will not let me change it.....Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When I try to change the memory settings in my vmware windows xp it is gray and will not let me change it...

The target Virtual Machine must be properly shutdown and not suspended in order to change many/most but not all of the settings and Memory is one that the target Virtual Machine must be shutdown, not suspended in order to change.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When I try to change the memory settings in my vmware windows xp it is gray and will not let me change it...

The target Virtual Machine must be properly shutdown and not suspended in order to change many/most but not all of the settings and Memory is one that the target Virtual Machine must be shutdown, not suspended in order to change.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What version of Fusion are you running? 1.1 should have some explanatory text noting that the virtual machine must be shut down in order to make changes.

0 Kudos
maxamy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i figured it out...i shut down guest os then......changed memory and

it worked fine....my next big venture is i am going to try an old win

3.11 install in vmware......thanks for the help

0 Kudos