VMware Communities
dianajaye
Contributor
Contributor

restarting Windows after shutdown

The IMac was shut down on vacation. I cannot restart the windows on Fusion. I downloaded the most recent version Fusion so it is on my computer but I cannot open Windows.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

Whats the error you get when you try to poweron the VM? are there any licensing issues? Please elaborate the problem you are facing.

Anil Gupta

Don’t fear changes, its constant in life, reduce your ecological footprint……………………..Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

Looking for a Virtualization Solution, look here.....

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
Vinceegan
Contributor
Contributor

I think I have had the same problem only it tends to corrupt the disk image and I ahve to load form the back up. VM will ask for a specific file so I locate the file but it accomplishes nothing and I have to restore from my actual backup, THe c drive properties shows almost no disc space on the properties tab but 30-40 gig on MacOS drive. I am going to try to expand the VM drive. On another note I made a vm of my thinkpad. How much of the Thinkpad "clone" can I remove?

0 Kudos
dianajaye
Contributor
Contributor

When I "Open" VMWare fusion I get a black screen headed by "Windows XP

Home Ed." and a bunch of writing. I have taken a picture of what it

looks like but I don't know how to copy or e-mail it. It is a black

screen and says stuff like: "Network book from AMD.... Client Mac

Addr:..... PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.....

And, I can't get a normal Windows screen.

Is there anyone at VMWare I can call? I desperately need my Quicken

and can't access it on Windows.

Diana

0 Kudos