VMware Communities
madranch
Contributor
Contributor

vmx" line 1: Syntax error. Help I can't start my VM

This is the message that is displayed hen I go to start my VM from within the fusion application library.  I'm using Fusion 3 on MACOS X.6.8

VMDK will not open up the file either.

Thanks in advance.

M

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Archive (compress) the vmware*.log files from within the Virtual Machine's Package then attach the .zip archive file to a reply post and I'll create a new .vmx configuration file for you.

Have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Search > type Package then select, Work with Virtual Machine Packages

0 Kudos
madranch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Woddy!  I now have 2 corupted VM'.  Hopefully ur still in the modd to help me.

The WIndows 7 file is the most important.
Thanks in advance.
MArk

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The attached "Mad_VM_7.vmx.zip" file contains a new "Mad VM 7.vmx" file created from the supplied vmware.log file.

With VMware Fusion closed unzip (double-click) the attached  "Mad_VM_7.vmx.zip" file and replace the original "Mad VM 7.vmx" file  with the one here.

==========

The attached "Madranch_XP_III.vmx.zip" file contains a new "Madranch XP III.vmx" file created from the supplied vmware.log file.

With VMware Fusion closed unzip (double-click) the attached  "Madranch_XP_III.vmx.zip" file and replace the original "Madranch XP  III.vmx" file with the one here.

0 Kudos
madranch
Contributor
Contributor

ur AMAZING!

Thanks!

Mark

0 Kudos
madranch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Woody.

Problems continue.  Any Idea what could be causing it?  The machine is now stuck in a suspended state.  Thanks again Woody.  THis is very frustrating.  I'm running VMWare 3.1 on a MacBook Pro with 4MB RAM 10.6.8

Mark

vmwarreerror10.jpg

vmware validprocess.jpg

0 Kudos