VMware Horizon Community
leonade
Contributor
Contributor

VMware URI's and Google ChromeOS

Hi all,
Previously I have had to manage a small fleet of Chromebooks/ChromeOS devices.

Using the "vmware-view://" URI, I was able to provide a single shortcuts to all devices, (WIndows/Macos/Linux/ChromeOS) that would launch our desired pools.
vmware-view://horizon.acme.com/General%20Pool?action=start-session&appProtocol=BLAST&desktopLayout=windowLarge

I have just been informed that this is no longer working on ChromeOS, where it had been previously.
We were using the "VMware Horizon Cient for Chrome" extension for our ChromeOS fleet. Now these devices no longer pass off the "vmware-view://" protocol to the Horizon Client.

The URI's do work correctly in ChromeOS if I install the Horizon Client from the playstore, but this is not an app designed for ChromeOS and I would like to avoid going down that path.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
Cheers,
Leon

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
leonade
Contributor
Contributor

So I have discovered a work around, it appears the URI arguments are somewhat usable with a standard URL.

So I have successfully turned:
URI:
vmware-view://horizon.acme.com/General%20Pool?action=start-session&appProtocol=BLAST&desktopLayout=windowLarge
URL:
https://horizon.acme.com/portal/chromeclient/General%20Pool?action=start-session&appProtocol=BLAST&desktopLayout=windowLarge 

Although not documented anywhere I could see, and I am sure not a supported solution, it does do the job I need.

Regards,
Leon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos