VMware Networking Community
aceravalo
Contributor
Contributor

Setting Up Syslog TLS Using Node Profiles - Feature Request

Please if anyone with influence or power is out there,  please add the feature to set up TLS syslog via Node Profiles in the NSX manager UI.  Currently there is only UDP, TCP, and LI.    I can set up TLS syslog using the NSX manager CLI (which was a fun learning experience in and of itself,  not easy!) but cannot set it up using a Node Profile.   The problem I'm having now is the Node Profile is over-writing my CLI config and the only solution I have is to disable the node central-config.  Which I can do,  but what if in the future I want to use the Node profile to set snmp or NTP or a timezone without having to touch all the managers?   Please add this feature to the Node Profile.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sulaimanl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi
Your best bet is to log a Service Request and the Support team will send you the Feature Request template.
They will respond with the request number, so that you can track it.

The more ppl that need it the sooner it will get added if possible.

Sulaiman

aceravalo
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I will do that,  I'm going to put in another Feature Request for the NSX FW counter,  I want to be able to clear the hits easily and also see when the last hit was made on the counter (a time stamp).

thank you,

Tony

0 Kudos