VMware Cloud Community
Aviator20111014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Query vCenter account (user) E-Mail via vSphere API

Hi *,

if you create a user account using the vSphere Client you can also enter an E-Mail address for that user.

I would like to query the E-Mail from a user account. Normally I use PowerCLI to get things done and I tried

Get-VIAccount -Domain vsphere.local -Id testuser

The cmdlet returns Id, Server, Description , Domain, Name, Uid and ExtensionData

But unfortunately it dies not return the user's E-Mail address, even ExtensionData does not contain it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the PowerCLI area - if it is NOT possible via PowerCLI I can move the thread again to a more suitable area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

I'm afraid that all SSO related API are private and not exposed through the PowerCLI framework.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
Aviator20111014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi. Thanks for your help.

But I wonder why I can query all user information I can see in the vSphere Client, but not the E-Mail address 😉

Maybe there is another way besides PowerCLI to get the information?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Not that I know of.
If you find a tool or API, please let me know.

This has been on my list for a long time.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos