VMware VMUG Community
WexSher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

P2V - W2k3 Server - Control Panel issue in TS

Hi,

I ran a P2V over the weekend.

The Phycical Server is a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server, being used as a Terminal server.

I've actually ran the P2V a few times.

The P2V seems to complete successfully; but when a Domain User logs on they cannot open Control Panel.

Once they try to open it, the screen seems to merely blink and then reverts to the original screen.

If I give them admin rights, they can open Control Panel.

Has anyone seen this before?

Giving everyone temporary radmin rights may temporarily resolve the issue; but it would not be secure, and it doesn't actually fix the issue.

The issue may be symptomatic of something else.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

try login with administrator, remove of domain and re add.

Or you can too check configuration of network adapter, if necessary remove network of this vm and re add

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aparis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey

Maybe something during the convertion goes wrong.

Have you a firewall or similar between the phisical server and the vmware server?

In my opinion the most easy way to fix your issue is get out of the domain the virtual machine and enter it again.

If the problem is in the credentials, maybe that will fix it.

I hope you can fix your problem.

Bye

Andre Paris andre.paris.sica@gmail.com Megaweb skype: andre.paris twitter: megaweb_uy Por favor, no olviden de calificar las respuestas que resultaron de su ayuda o fueron correctas. Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. Regards/Saludos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

try login with administrator, remove of domain and re add.

Or you can too check configuration of network adapter, if necessary remove network of this vm and re add

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

news about ?

WexSher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

apologies for not getting back sooner..only back in office today.

Its a TS with 45 users; would it not be risky removing it from network & re-adding it.Would it not create new user profiles?

0 Kudos