VMware Performance Community
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

Tilescore.pl fails to generate results

Hello all!

I tried running 1 tile in turbomode and everything seems to be fine until I checked the tilescore file and I am faced with the error below:

cygwin warning:

MS-DOS style path detected: C:\vmmark2\tilescore.pl

Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/vmmark2/tilescore.pl

CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.

Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

VMmark 2.5 TileScore : v1.4 : updated 11122012

Computing_results_for_test_with_tile_count: 0 ...

Turbo Mode Enabled

Tiles = 1 : Enabled Workloads : Mail DSDWeb Olio Standby  (6)

Month '20' out of range 0..11 at C:\vmmark2\tilescore.pl line 657

Any idea of what went wrong?

12 Replies
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

To be sure, I'd need to see the entire results folder so I can look at the wrf files.  One thing to check is that your clients have the date format in the US standard (month/day/year).

-Joshua
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jpschnee,

I have updated the prime client and client0 date format to US standard and rerun the test but it is still giving me the same error. I have attached the results of the test for your reference.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I'm still seeing the date format as incorrect.  Controller (21/5/2013 11:42:29 PM): all threads connected - issuing Start

You may need to reboot for the change to take affect.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I changed the date format in client0 and primeclient under Start --> Control Panel --> Clock, Language and Region --> Region and Language, rebooted the clients and re-run the test but the date logged is still in British format. Is there any where else I would need to change?

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you tried setting it in your mailserver(s)?  I expect your clients are getting their time from there since they are a part of the mailserver's domain.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

I have set it on the mailserver as well and restarted it. I just re-ran the test and I am still getting the same error Smiley Sad

cygwin warning:

MS-DOS style path detected: C:\vmmark2\tilescore.pl

Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/vmmark2/tilescore.pl

CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.

Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

VMmark 2.5 TileScore : v1.4 : updated 11122012

Computing_results_for_test_with_tile_count: 0 ...

Turbo Mode Enabled

Tiles = 1 : Enabled Workloads : Mail DSDWeb Olio Standby  (6)

Month '21' out of range 0..11 at C:\vmmark2\tilescore.pl line 657

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Can you upload your results folder so I can see if any of the files timestamps are updated?

Thanks,

-Joshua

-Joshua
0 Kudos
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

Please see attached file as requested.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From what I can see your prime client has the correct time, but client 0 does not.  As I've not had to do this before, let's see if we can't figure out the proper methodology.

On client0:

Click Start->Administrative Tools -> Group Policy Management

If this entry is missing, open a command prompt and type "ServerManagerCmd -install gpmc", then try the above steps again.

Navigate down to your default domain policy.

Ex : Group Policy Management ->, Forest maildomainX.eng.vmware.com -> Domains->maildomainX.eng.vmware.com->Default Domain Policy

Click Settings

Right click on "User Configuration", select edit

Navigate down to Regional Options

Ex : Default Domain Policy [Mailserver...] -> User Configuration -> Preferences -> Control Panel Settings-> Regional Options

Right Click on Regional Options and select New->Regional Options

Select the date tab and press F5.  (This should change the red dotted lines to green solid ones, and enable the change)

Set the date format to be US standard, click OK.

Reboot client, log back in and verify the date.

Hope this works...

-Joshua
0 Kudos
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Bad news... still no luck in this Smiley Sad. I've updated the group policy settings and re-ran the test again. I'm getting the same error.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hmm.  Well, why don't I direct message you so we can set up a time to do a webex and I can see what you see.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
k3ane
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks jpschnee for the time spent in helping me resolve this issue Smiley Happy Essentially, the problem was solved by changing the regional settings to use US date format and rebooting all workload VMs and client. I subsequently recreated the workload client and primeclient with US date format and re-ran the test and it worked perfectly.