VMware Performance Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

VMmark public beta is now available!

I'm pleased to announce that the VMmark public beta is now available for download at: http://www.vmware.com/beta/vmmark/.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VMwareUserR
Contributor
Contributor

Am I able to login as root user to those pre-built SuSE VMs? what is the password for 'root'?

0 Kudos
psmith2006
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vmmark should be the password

0 Kudos
VMwareUserR
Contributor
Contributor

I think the pre-built VMs are pretty cool. Can you pre-build all other three Windows VMs or at least Java and standby servers considering mailsever takes more disk space?

Another question is -

is there a reason why STAF was not pre-installed in those pre-built SuSE VMs? I understand we need to change STAF config file for different system but at least the common task of installation can be done in the pre-built VMs? Correct?

0 Kudos
psmith2006
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

STAX/STAF has a different license (CPL not GPL) that should be accepted by the end-user.

Also STAF/STAF is actively maintained so this also helps ensure that users have the

latest version.

0 Kudos
rolandt
Contributor
Contributor

What components of cygwin are really needed for VMmark?

I know it makes it simple to say install everything. But that a) takes a long time to download, b) takes up a lot of extra disk space (up to 2.5GB) on every client server, and c) includes a lot of packages that are obviously not going to be used (like database and xwindows).

0 Kudos