VMware Communities
Mihle
Contributor
Contributor

Host keyboard and trackpad stopped working after installing Enchanted Keyboard driver.

First problem was that keyboard didnt work in VM, so I installed that driver to host to see if it work.

But it made everything worse, keyboard and trackpad stopped working in host. USB Mouse works but USB keyboard don't. The internal one come up with code 10 in Windows device manager.

Tried uninstalling it the way I found mentioned on the internet, didn't fix it. Tried another method, didn't fix it, and then tried uninstalling VMware and still doesn't work.

Then I tried boot in Windows Safe Mode and it doesn't work there either.

What to do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

Not sure, but you could try these:

1. Try with another keyboard in another USB port

2. Try installing/fixing Windows device again from the device menus. You said that you only uninstalled the wrong one.

Repair Windows would probably work, but that is a long route.

0 Kudos
Mihle
Contributor
Contributor

USB keyboard works on another computer. Changing USB port doesn't change anything.

It's the internal keyboard that is important to get working.

I have uninstalled the devices from device manager with driver and pressed to get windows to update driver already.

Still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

It's not that the USB keyboard would be broken. A different one might install a different driver. Also changing USB port can change things - it happens all the time with Dell high-end laptops, quite irrationally.

You could also try to boot the computer with USB keyboard attached to the computer - that makes a difference sometimes for USB devices.

0 Kudos
Mihle
Contributor
Contributor

I did boot it with that keyboard.

I don't know if I have another keyboard right now.

I forgot to say that the laptop is HP and so is the USB keyboard.

0 Kudos
Mihle
Contributor
Contributor

I found another one, Lenovo one, also don't work

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Try the steps here to get rid of it again:
https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/What-exactly-is-the-quot-Enhanced-Keyboard-...

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos