Leadership
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

if you are running VMware Player on Windows, you may use the batch script that I've posted at HowTo: Recreating a .vmx from the vmware.log file.

Caution: If the VM has active snapshots (<vmname>-00000x.vmdk files), it is important to ensure that the newest one in the snapshot chain shows up in the .vmx file.

In doubt, provide a complete list of files (e.g. the output of dir *.*) in the VM's folder, and attach the vmware.log to your next reply.

André

oboy1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, the storage on my VM ran out and i accidentally deleted the 'Ubuntu 64-bit-0-s008' files. I recovered the files but when I try to open the files it says VM corrupt and when I try to open the vmx file i recovered it says internal error. How can i recover my research??? please help.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

@oboy1 wrote:

Hi, the storage on my VM ran out and i accidentally deleted the 'Ubuntu 64-bit-0-s008' files. I recovered the files but when I try to open the files it says VM corrupt and when I try to open the vmx file i recovered it says internal error. How can i recover my research??? please help.

Did you download the utility in the above link?  or, post the vmware.log file from the VM's folder and one of us can run it through the log2vmx utility.

0 Kudos