VMware Communities
deniyulianti
Contributor
Contributor

Three separate questions about VMware Workstation Player

I have some problems:

1. I use VMware Workstation 12 Player, I log on to the PC using domain admin, then I created some local users. With my domain admin, I have installed some applications, however, I try to log on to that PC using local user and I cannot see those applications. How do I configure in order local user can get those applications?
  2. I created a shared folder from guest OS to the host OS in order to gather information from guest OS to the host OS. however, it can easy for user to move data from host OS to the guest OS. How do I protect that shared folder in order to be more secured (data cannot be moved from host OS to the guest OS)?
  3. I use VMware Workstation 12 Player with 2 MAC addresses which are from guest OS and host OS. I use 2 port security (switchport port-security maximum 2) I can get internet connection with my domain admin, but I did not get internet connectivity (cannot reach IP gateway) with domain user. Further, when I changed maximum value of port security to be 7. My domain user can get the internet connection. Since security issue, I have to use maximum value of port security is 2. What do I have to do to get internet connection with 2 port security. For your information, I use Windows 7.

I look forward for any response or suggestion. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies