VMware Communities
etnapataskala
Contributor
Contributor

All VM's are stuck in loading screen prior to login

Hello, I am stumped when it comes to my issue, I'm hoping there is a fix!

I was running VMWare Fusion 11 on my MacBook Pro for my VM solution, but I just recently built a new desktop computer and I was hoping to transfer my VM's over for use in VMWare Workstation 15.1.0. However, when I try importing an OVA or even freshly installing a new VM through an ISO, I get stuck in a loading screen just before the login prompt. I have tried this with three VM's so far; Parrot Home 4.6, Xubuntu 19.04, and Fedora 30. I have since uninstalled and re-installed Workstation and have tried loading just Parrot OS again, but with the same result. I get no error messages on Workstation when starting the VM, however just before I get stuck in the loading screen hang, I see "SMBus Controller Not Enabled!". I am not sure if that has something to do with it but I thought I would point that out.

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6GHz

32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

MSI MPG X570 Motherboard

1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2

2TB WD Blue 3D NAND M.2

5TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD

Nvidia GTX 1070

I have attached the most recent log for my last attempt in booting Parrot OS. Thank you all ahead of time!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
etnapataskala
Contributor
Contributor

Just discovered some new error messages. Upon hitting "escape" during the loading screen hang, I come across a slew of error messages; I have taken a screenshot and attached it. A few of the errors are:

"Failed to mount Huge Pages File System."
"Failed to start Load Kernel Modules"
"Failed to start Apply Kernel Variables."

0 Kudos