VMware Communities
T21
Contributor
Contributor

Computer to Guest on Host network

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to have another computer on my actual physical network be able to connect with y guest OS on my Host computer. Specifically I have a laptop running windows Vista home premium 32bit (Ugh) connected to my computer running Windows 7 x64 on a physical network. My Win 7 comp has VMware workstation 7 on it running a Windows XP guest and The guest and host are connected together properly. the Win 7 comp and Vista laptop can share files and the Win7 comp and virtual XP can share files but I would like the Vista comp to be able to access the XP comp directly so I can share a printer that only works with the XP guest.

T

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Of course you can connect all guests to all physical computers. As long as you have a network connection between them.

What does you network setup for the guests look like? If it is bridged and the gueat already participates on the physical network you just have to share the ressources you need by using the guest OS features.

AWo
VCP / VMware vEXPERT 2009

=Due to lack of employees, human beings work here. - Treat them carefully, they are rare.=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
T21
Contributor
Contributor

Ah yes, it turns out the network connection was set to NAT instead of bridged although I thought when I created the Guest that I set it to bridged so that it would appear on the physical network. Now it is accessable to all the comps on my network. thanks very much for the help AWo.

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

BTW, you could keep NAT as well. It's like host-only with the possibility to communicate outside over one connection, as well.

AWo
VCP / VMware vEXPERT 2009

=Due to lack of employees, human beings work here. - Treat them carefully, they are rare.=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos