VMware Communities
jkrusel
Contributor
Contributor

Error 1935 during install of VM 7.1 on Win 7 64 bit

I recently downloaded Workstation 7.1 as a trial in an effort to see if I wanted to purchase it. I saved the .exe file in my download folder on OS Win 7 64 bit. When I attempt to do a wizard install the installation starts copying files and and hangs with error code 1935. See next post for the error msg.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jkrusel
Contributor
Contributor

x

0 Kudos
jkrusel
Contributor
Contributor

Ok here is the message I was trying to put into the first post::

*The MSI ‘C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware_1277331408\vmwareworkstation.msi’* failed. Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of *assembly component {9DA4DC8A-9731-3FOE-8BD5-FC17CA6848AD}. HRESULT: 0x80070005*

Now after some exhaustive research on the internet I was able to

determine there have been similar issues. I did a HOTKey fix as

suggested by one blogger and I was told this was a permissions issue so I

gave everything full access.

I still cannot get this software to install on my WIN 7 64 bit system. I

called VMware who told me if I didn't pay for the software they didn't

support it but I could seek help in this community. NICE! wonder how they

expect me to puchase something I can't even try to see if it's worth me

spending the money.

I have been at this for a week and suppose my trial which I started two

weeks ago will end before I ever get to try the software out.

In any case if anyone has any suggestions I'd certainly appreciate as

assistance you can provide.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Felix-The-Cat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi jkrusel,

Could you please check forum post http://communities.vmware.com/message/1559785#1559785, look for wila's reply.

0 Kudos
MarkFowler
Contributor
Contributor

I have got the same error number as at the start of the thread, with the same problem of having to pay for support so I can try the product.

"Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {9DA4DC8A-9731-3F0E-8BD5-FC17CA6848AD}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. "

I followed the extract instructions above and ran " vmware workstation.msi", I then got a different error "error 25011. unable to configure the host agent service" , I got this error twice, it then seemed to continue for a while before giving me the same original error as above. I think that when it continued it was installing the eclipse debug stuff.

The down load file is " VMware-workstation-full-7.1.0-261024.exe"

Windows 7 ultimate

64 bit

intel(R) core(TM) i7 930

6GB ram

GA-X58A-UD3R mother board ( Virtualization is enabled)

All MS patches applied

Any assistance would be appreciated

Mark

0 Kudos
vmware6666
Contributor
Contributor

I found another post on these boards which suggested disabling the Microsoft .NET Framework services in services.msc to fix this "error 1935" problem. After getting the error, I tried this and it worked for me on Windows 7 64bit. I figured I'd post the fix here for others to find.

0 Kudos