VMware Communities
jasonsenior
Contributor
Contributor

Last keystroke repeated infinitely, locking VM

I've seen similar posts but not exactly the same, because a lot of people complain that a keystroke will repeat x number of times and then stop. For example, you go to type "Jason" and you end up with "Jaaassssonnn".

That's not what's happening to me. What's happening is I'll be editing a file, whether in vi, an IDE or Ubuntu Text Editor, what have you. Then all of a sudden, the last key I pressed, whatever it happened to be just starts repeating ad infinitum, locking the whole VM. All I can do is sit there, jaw-dropped, while I watch the file I was editing getting completely destroyed by the repeating character. The only course of action is to power off the VM and lose your unsaved work.

VM Ware I am telling you this is a serious issue and it has to stop.

Host: Windows 10, VM Workstation 17.5.0

Guest: Ubuntu 22.04.3

Let me know what other stats you need. I will cooperate in any way I can to resolve this issue which is destroying my productivity.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jasonsenior
Contributor
Contributor

BTW, I feel like it happens most often on pasting with CTRL-V. I don't even mean pasting from the host. I don't even have that enabled right now. I just mean pasting wholly within the guest.

0 Kudos