VMware Communities
Stickan
Contributor
Contributor

My VMware is lagging, then speeding to 2/3 x its normal speed

Hey guys!

I have installed xp/windows 7 and nothing seems to fix this problem i have, the whole Vmware application kindof laggs/freezes for 2-3 seconds, then it speed up to a few times its normal speed to make up for it, i have no clue what it can be, but i have noticed that my HDD usage is really high when these "freezes" happen, is there any way to fix this

Thanks in advance

Stickan Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stickan
Contributor
Contributor

Maby i should be more specific.

Installed now is windows 32 bit, i installed it on my HDD F: . Its not only applications that freeze but the whole VMware station, it freezes for 4-6 seconds each time and after that it runs at 2-3 times the normal speed just to catch up with where it should have been.

Got 1 processor, 4 cores, and 3GB memory.

Please try helping any way if you can Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

only a thought. Do you run a virus scan software on this host (hopefully you do)? In this case make sure you exclude at least the .vmdk and .vmem files from being scanned.

André

Stickan
Contributor
Contributor

Hey mate! Thanks for the answear!

Yeah but the only thing i run is Malwarebytes, and i have i tried turning it off but it didnt change anything, i also did put all the .vdmk and .vmem files in the ignore list in Malwarebytes, but unfortunatley still no change 😕

Also if anyone has good knowledge in this i can let you teamview me 😕

0 Kudos
Stickan
Contributor
Contributor

Alright i got it! Floppy drive was on Auto detect, disconnected it and it stopped lagging, awesome! Thanks alot for the reply a.p

0 Kudos