VMware Communities
fpefpe2
Contributor
Contributor

NAT stop work when Opera torrent client is running

Hello --

I was  using the bittorrent client built in to opera to download an dvd iso ... Whe this was in flight, I could not get out ov the XP guest system with

any browser nor could I do the same in any other (XP) guest that was configured to run under NAT

I changed on of the other XP guests to use a bridge network and that worked

Has anyone seen this before when running on a VNET NAT ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

NAT is unstable - the more connections you have open at the same time the more so.

For P2P use a VM with bridged network

or Plan B = use a better NAT-servcie then the one that comes with Workstation

0 Kudos
Vulc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently running into an issue with NAT myself. I have a Windows 7 host running a single Ubuntu 6.06 guest for graphing network traffic in Cacti; less than ten devices are being monitored. For whatever reason the NAT gateway stops responding after a while (pinging returns destination host unreachable), though I'm still able to ping the vmnet8 adapter on my host. Checking the status of the service it appears to be running just fine, however internally it has failed. The solution has been to simply restart the service. The NAT gateway reappears and runs fine for a while until the failure repeats. You might try restarting the NAT service to see if that works for you as well.

0 Kudos
fpefpe2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello --

Thanks for the r reply.

Yes,  after opera finished with the dowbnload, I did  restart the nat sercice ( inside of workstation ) and it did work fine after that.

I guess tthe torent  client must have many open connections

0 Kudos