VMware Communities
ZioCerotto
Contributor
Contributor

No able to copy paste

Hola, i have a vmware workstation pro 17 (but i try with different version and same result) i take a win7 sp1 x64 iso from this site cause microsoft remove the os from is servers 

https://archive.org/details/microsoft-windows-7-italiano-raccolta-di-mrgass

The creation of virtual machine seems work pretty well and the virtual OS seems work well but i'am unable to copy paste anything, i have this problem only in this machine and already follow some guide and post about it without find a solution.

Try with some configuration tips found there, i post some screen with the configuration.
I have problems if i try to install the vmware tools, the installation starting correctly but after some passage they say for multiple driver "impossible install X driver automatically, this drive need to be manually installed".

"virtual machine communication interface socket" is the first error during tools installation, if you continue the installation progress they blocked with similar error with the driver "memory control", after that if you try to continue the wizerd simply reset the pre installation status and tell about the failure in the process.

Somebody can help me? start to lose hope...

Configuration of vmwareConfiguration of vmwareConfiguration of vmwareConfiguration of vmwareFist warning, but is not the problem i thinkFist warning, but is not the problem i thinkthis is the problem i thinkthis is the problem i think

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mhb4ever
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need the updates for SHA-2 code signing installed before VMware Tools

mhb4ever
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

You'll need 4 updates manually downloaded outside of the VM, copied to the VM , and then installed before you can get VMware Tools installed on a fresh Windows 7 installation:

• Windows Update Agent 7.6
  • KB3125574
  • KB4474419
  • KB4490628

the latter 3 you can find in the Windows Update Catalog.

Just installing the KB4474419 is necessary but not sufficient. You need all 4.

You can then run Windows Update to get the system totally up to date. Install VMware Tools after all the updates have applied. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos