VMware Communities
alanu505
Contributor
Contributor

Running more that one copy of workstation from desktop icon

Hello,

I would like to have 3 icons on my host desktop so that I can run 2 vmware sessions on 2 monitors and be able to view them at the same time, I can do this now but I have to manualy start 2 vmware worstation sessions and drill down to each vmx file, I would also like to be able to use 1 icon to start both vmware sessions in 1 workstation for when I do not have the second monitor.

I tried searching but I could not find anything to help me although I did find some useful information.

I am using workstation 7.1.4 build-385536

Regards Alan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andreaplanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had to add all VMWares as Favorites, so that when starting two instance I have them easily viewable/startable in the Favorites bar. The Tabs bar doesnt work with multiple instance.

I don't know if this is possible but you may can start the VMWare machines using the command line tools, and use some other tools to run it on the second monitor. There are some programs that allow to specify that a program/shortcut should be executed on a different monitor/desktop (ie nview).

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I would drag all 3 vmx files to the desktop and create shortcuts

0 Kudos