VMware Communities
ChairmanMoore
Contributor
Contributor

Technical training

My software team is due to be 'virtualised' in the next few months. We currently develop real-time software using such beasts as Visual studio, RAD Studio & various Linux compilers. Our software runs on Windows & Linux and makes use of comms over serial ports, UDP, TCP/IP and USB.

It seems to me (simplistically) that my s/w engineers have learned the ins & outs of PCs & DOS/Windows/Linux over many years & that moving to a VM, there is an area of uncertainty. They know exactly how to diagnose a faulty comms port, or track down an incorrectly configured UDP port, but if things start failing under their VM they're going to have doubts as to whether it's the VM or their code (yes I know - 99% it'll be their code).

What I would like to do is send a couple of my software engineers on a course where they can learn the subtle low-level technical details of VM Workstation, does anyone do such a course? They need to be able to configure the machine for maximum performance, to configure USB & serial ports, understand fully the network bridging capabilities of VM Workstation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChairmanMoore
Contributor
Contributor

There appears to be a deafening silence surrounding this query - would anyone else out there be interested in such a course?

0 Kudos