VMware Communities
kfox11
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstall Vmware Workstation

I installed Vmware workstation to a different drive on my computer not C: so how do I uninstall it if I can not go through programs and features. Any help with this would be awesome.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already have the chance to take a look at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1308

This KB describes the steps to uninstall VMware Workstation manually.

André

0 Kudos
kfox11
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did it manually but it still showed up on my drive, it only cleares it on my C: drive.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Which steps did you perform from the KB?

What is remaining on the disk? Please explain or add a screen shot.

André

0 Kudos
kfox11
Contributor
Contributor

All of these files were on my H: drive and I put them in a folder together. Can i just delete the files. I just dont want there to be any issues later on my computer because i did not uninstall this. 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If you followed the steps in the KB article, then you should not run into issues later. I'd recommend you create a temporary folder (e.g. "VMware-old") and move all the files to this folder. Later - after double checking everything works as expected and there are no VMware related messages in the Windows Event logs - you may delete this folder.

Regarding the screen shot: AFAIK the "OVF-Tool" and "VMware" sub-folders are not part of the VMware Workstation installation. Please make sure you don't need them anymore before deleting.

André