VMware Communities
tr0users
Contributor
Contributor

VM Freeze After Resume from Suspend

Hi

I'm running VM Workstation 7.x on a Win7 Ultimate x64 Host. I have a Win 2008 r2 x64 guest. When I've finished working in the VM (daily) I use the "Suspend" function. The next day I resume the VM and it loads quickly, problem is, although I can see the screen just as I left it, it does not respond to any mouse click of keyboard press?

Can anyone help with this please? My current "fix" for this is to restart the guest but this then takes ten minutes.

Thanks

Rob.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

please post the vmware.log from this Virtual Machine.

0 Kudos
tr0users
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I have attached the vmware.log now...

0 Kudos
mailmichael
Contributor
Contributor

I realize a lot of time has gone by on this issue, but I had something similar and resolved it.  My issue was due to not responding to a prompt in a timely manner after resume completed. It was asking me if I wanted to replace or append a file for serial port output.  This error appears in the log on failure but not on success:

2013-03-01T06:53:47.093-08:00| vmx| I120: GuestRpcSendTimedOut: message to toolbox timed out.
2013-03-01T06:53:47.093-08:00| vmx| I120: Vix: [6088 guestCommands.c:1926]: Error VIX_E_TOOLS_NOT_RUNNING in VMAutomationTranslateGuestRpcError(): VMware Tools are not running in the guest

I notice you had the same error appear in your log:

Apr 02 11:00:33.154: vmx| GuestRpcSendTimedOut: message to toolbox timed out.
Apr 02 11:00:33.209: vmx| Vix: [12616 guestCommands.c:2392]: Error VIX_E_TOOLS_NOT_RUNNING in VMAutomationTranslateGuestRpcError(): VMware Tools are not running in the guest

Is there a chance your not responding to a prompt in time?

0 Kudos