VMware Communities
Proulxrs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Workstation V16 keyboard layout

Hello,

I run VMWare workstation Pro on a Desktop and need help from an outside contractor to remote loggin. If I use is user on both the host and vm the Keyboard Layout is fine. If he remote connect the keyboard layout on the hot is fine, but it's offset in the guest, any ideas?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Proulxrs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! I tried remote logging myself from my laptop and was not able to grab input from my mouse or keyboard. I just created two (got 2 vm) rdp connexion from the host to the vm.

Now if I connect via rdp from my laptop to the desktop host it works as before, but then if I use rdp on my host to the vm all of my inputs works as well.

Waiting for my contractor to validate if he can also have control

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Just a SWAG, but would suspect resolution problem if using Windows Remote connect. Maybe try changing the resolution in the VM or connect with tightvnc and adjust resolution there. I use tightvnc via a VPN connection. 

0 Kudos
Proulxrs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! I tried remote logging myself from my laptop and was not able to grab input from my mouse or keyboard. I just created two (got 2 vm) rdp connexion from the host to the vm.

Now if I connect via rdp from my laptop to the desktop host it works as before, but then if I use rdp on my host to the vm all of my inputs works as well.

Waiting for my contractor to validate if he can also have control

0 Kudos