VMware Communities
hechtda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware-player-1.0.1-19317.exe has gotten my PC running Windows 7 Enterprise all messed up!

Hello,

This is my first posting and I hope that this is the proper place for it.

A few days ago I installed  VMware-player-1.0.1-19317.exe on my new OS Install for Widows 7 Ultimate and when it ran it informed me that there was a newer version so I downloaded it.

After the new version was installed, I wanted me to uninstall my older version through the control panel. I wnt to run the uninstall and it Blue Screened my PC and would allow me to unintall it.

I have tried several uninstall programs, some free and some I paid for and every time the PC Blue Screened during the uninstall process and did not complete that process.

VMware-player-1.0.1-19317.exe has disappeared from my PC as far as I can tell, however the new Player "VMware-player-3.1.3-324285.exe" still will not install and needs me to complete the uninstall process before it will continue.

Does anyone know if there is a special program that will kill 1.0.1.19317 for me?

Thank you,

Douglas Hecht

hechtd@sbcglobal.net

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi and welcome

installing hundred years old vmplayer 1.0.1  on Windows 7 was a strange idea - have a look at knowledgebase artcile 1308
it has an install-cleaner for things like this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi and welcome

installing hundred years old vmplayer 1.0.1  on Windows 7 was a strange idea - have a look at knowledgebase artcile 1308
it has an install-cleaner for things like this

0 Kudos
hechtda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the uninstall program, but it didn't work! However, the the manual uninstall directions worked perfectly!

So thank you for the assist.

0 Kudos