VMware Communities
sulemankhalil
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware player not installing on Windows 2008 RODC server

Dear All,

I am really fedup after trying tons of time in installing vmware player on Windows 2008 R2 Read Only Domain Controller Machine (RODC Server).

The installation window starts and before finalizing it roll back and close installation window automatically without any error.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like the msi package has a launch conditition that checks the host OS. Probably installation on a DC is not allowed.
You may need to edit the msi and remove that check.

0 Kudos
brunofernandez1

post the installation log located at:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\

but something like that I would never to....probabelly it's even not supported because of the network settings / cards that the vmware player edits..

i just hope its not a productive enviornment...if yes i would recommend to install the hyper role on the DC....or install esxi on the hardware and run the DC as a virtual machine...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
0 Kudos