VMware Communities
lainy201110141
Contributor
Contributor

When the SoundMax HD will replace ENS1371 in 'tools audio driver?

There's a forum post, citing:

[quote]

On a positive note, back in September 2010, VMware signed up for getting a few new PCI device IDs, some for emulating a SoundMAX HDA chipset. If they ever get around to releasing an HDA chipset emulation, it may perform better than the ES137x emulation. So there's hope yet.

[/quote]

Can anyone remember where and when that news were publshed by VMWare?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello Lainy,

Welcome at the VMware community forums.

I'm afraid you won't like my answer, but VMware has a strong policy not to comment or talk about unreleased features.

No idea where your comment comes from and if it has any credit, but your question will not get an official answer from anyone out of VMware as it is not allowed. If there's people out there knowing.. then they are under a strict NDA not to talk about it.

So, the only thing you can do is wait and see.

PS: I'm confused on the comment, why would VMware need to register for PCI id's if they are going to support the Soundmax HDA device as an emulated sound device, wouldn't it just use the existing PCI id then? Sounds much more logical for me. They might have to work out some legal issues though.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
lainy201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for answering, Will.

Probably I should contact post's author, (he's enough credible for developing ENS1371 driver to support sound in Workstation) for the news source. (being not a mac fanboy, and wanting the soundmax for other reasons rather than installing OSX, decided to ask here). If anyone looks for the leak source, it is right at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=176854&pid=1565395&mode=threaded&start=0#entry1...

0 Kudos