VMware Communities
chinaski007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 10 guest no internet on VMWare Workstation 10 and 11

Hello,

i have a Windows 10 guest on my 8.1 pro host.

With one of the latest updates of windows 10 (guest), there is no internet available.

My other guests (< w10) - all bridged as well - work fine.

In the hope to solve it, i upgraded my VMWare Workstation 10 to 11 but this was no help.

Still no internet connection.

(VMWare Tools are up to date)

The device manager in my windows 10 guest shows as network adapter <Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection> without an error.

It is the only network adapter listed.

Switching to NAT is not working as well.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chinaski007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In my windows 10 guest, i removed the Intel Network adapter in the device manager and restarted.

The same adapter was reinstalled but since then, i have again internet connection.

So this solved it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chinaski007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In my windows 10 guest, i removed the Intel Network adapter in the device manager and restarted.

The same adapter was reinstalled but since then, i have again internet connection.

So this solved it.

0 Kudos
KraigWh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I upgraded Windows 10 on the host system yesterday and now find that I have no network access in any of my VMs.  I tried removing the Intel network drivers (which re-installed automatically) but still have no access.  The network troubleshooter says there isn't a cable attached to the network port.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
KraigWh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I think I have this resolved.  Ran VMNETCFG.exe and restored the default values.  First VM tested is now back on line.

HTH

0 Kudos