VMware Communities
Dathan
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7 x64 on vmware 7 has mouse issues

When running Windows 7 x64 on vmware Workstation 7, the mouse is jumpy/sticky within the VM. I am running on a Windows 7 x64 host as well. I had this same issue under vmware 6.5, but could get around it by changing the harware acceleration settings to the level where DirectX is disabled.

In wmware WS 7 I notice that the Hardware Acceleration level is disabled under the Troubleshoot tab in Display Properties. Because this is not available, I cannot disable DirectX acceleration, and as a result of that, I have to live with a lousy mousing experience. For thoroughness, I tried converting a copy of the virtual disk to Hyper-V and the issue does not exist there, so it must be vmware specific.

The issue also does not occur in a vmware 7 VM running Windows Server 2008 R2 running on the same host (mentioned only because W7 and W2008R2 are on similar Microsoft platform technology).

Is it possible to disable hardware acceleration (reset it to a lower level) some other way? It's really not all that usable with this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Dathan

0 Kudos
0 Replies