VMware Communities
JonathanMcEvoy
Contributor
Contributor

Windows XP Sound Distorted

I have a new PC Windows 11 and it finally fixed the Unrecoverable error when restarting and suspending VM with the new 16.2.2 update but unfortunately I can't get the sound distorted issue to work on Windows XP because of the slow sound I have tried it on YouTube with no luck, I have tried double clicking VMAudioBack, enabled logging and installed service with no luck and there is a fade in to login screen when starting up XP and is there a way to make it more normal?

3 Replies
evefavretto
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have the same issue with 16.2.x, but not with 16.1.1 on Windows 11. 

And also, it seems to be a recurring bug, there's a lot of complaints (like this thread) out there.

0 Kudos
PGalbraith
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem on Win XP (and eariler versions of Windows).  I downgraded to Workstation 6.1.2 to get sound working again.

0 Kudos
PGalbraith
Contributor
Contributor

The latest thing I've tried is installing Workstation 10 in a Windows 7 guest, then running a nested XP guest inside that.  I haven't had much time to test this out very much but so far it looks promising.  Interestingly, after running the nested XP guest, my normal (non-nested) XP VM seemed to sound fine.  This will definitely need some more testing.

0 Kudos