VMware Communities
oscarcam1
Contributor
Contributor

vlan with Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller y Realtek - Ethernet Diagnostic Utility

Hello, I needed to have a virtual machine on vmware workstation and get its network interface with a tagged vlan, in vmware I create an interface and bridge it to the vlan interface. I create the vlan interfaces using "Realtek - Ethernet Diagnostic Utility"

vmware net.jpgrealtek1.jpgrealtek2.png

ncpa.png

on my laptop that has the hardware id: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_383117AA&REV_15 if it works well for me, they are the photos shown

But on my other laptop with hardware id: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_90AB104D&REV_07 it doesn't work since "Realtek - Ethernet Diagnostic Utility" doesn't show me the option to create vlan, I tried putting the same driver from my laptop on the one that works for me but nothing

no detecta.png

This is the version of the driver that works for me ver.10.9.422.2016 but on my other laptop with the same driver it does not work, both network chips seem to be the realtek 8168 but different versions, or is it that "PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_90AB104D&REV_07" does not have the ability to tag vlan?? although I don't think so because when I install hyper-V it can tag the vlan, but I want to use vmware and not hyper-V due to "side channel mitigation-performance conflicts" I have tried several drivers which allow me to surf the net but in "Realtek - Ethernet Diagnostic Utility" it does not allow me to create the vlans, I would appreciate some information.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
diegogyn89
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem on win11. managed to solve?

0 Kudos