VMware {code} Community
LANdrew4vm
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter test environment?

My company specializes in moving/consolidating data centers and the vast majority of our clients use VMware but we do not have much need for our own environment (except Fusion on our laptops).  However, we have an in-house developed tool for managing the moves which gets populated with details of all the components to be moved, the majority of which now tend to be VMware VMs.  I would like to use the vCenter REST API to pull information out of vCenter to keep our information up-to-date and accurate during the course of the moves (rather than having to constantly request and then import exports provided to us).  This looks very feasible from the documentation, but I need an environment to test with.  Is there an existing development/lab environment with a variety of VMs that I could access to test pulling information from vCenter via API?  (only "read" access is needed as this is purely for information gathering).  I know I could get a trial and build one, but I would rather have something larger and more complex (as we would find at our clients) without having to take the time to build one).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bakins
Contributor
Contributor

The VMware Labs seem to be what you need.

0 Kudos