VMware Cloud Community
matrix1985
Contributor
Contributor

Cant Access Vcenter 5.5 after rebooted

Hello ,

i have an problem with accesing vcenter 5.5 with any users. The physic server crashed and i shut down by force and started again.

all the services are up and running but no any users cant access.

The user name or password are incorrect --this is the message that appear.

how can i resolve this issue . I have built vcenter on windows 2008 server.

can i get vcenter license from database in order to built from begging in case i cant resolve the problem.

regards

5 Replies
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

What is the status of vCenter services..

1) vCenter

2) webclient

3) identity manager

etc..

Also can you try to login to webclient using SSO admin account and check if the domain is still added as an identity source

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Giving error incorrect password means vCenter is reachable but its not authenticating. Login with administrator@vsphere.local (you have setup during vCenter installation) and check if identity source of AD exists there or not.

0 Kudos
matrix1985
Contributor
Contributor

Services are OK .

Im not able to access with any way. Im going to reset the administrator@vsphere.local user password.

vcenter is join to domain but it is the same problem and with these domain account.

i trid also to access from powercli but the same. Do you have any idea how to find license key from database ?

regards

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

I dont think you need to reinstall vCenter for this.

if you dont have administrator@vsphere.local password.. you can reset it

How to unlock and reset SSO administrator password in vSphere 5.5 (2146225) | VMware KB

After reset we can ad the domain as the identity source and the authentication should work fine.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
matrix1985
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved after update the vcenter version .

Now im OK.

thanks for your help.