VMware Cloud Community
rmag
Contributor
Contributor

Does "Storage overcommit: Aggressive" contradict the fact that space reclamation is enabled?

I am a novice when it comes to View so apologies if this question appears silly.

I currently maintain an environment with 50 virtual desktops.  These are linked clones and run Windows 7 mostly, with a second smaller pool of XP users.

I recently patched the Windows 7 master and expanded the system drive by 10GB. After taking the snapshot and deploying the new image I have noticed that space reclamation is no longer happening.

It tries all night after blackout is lifted but returns "Failed to perform space reclamation in machine in pool".

I have looked at the other discussions on here but none of the solutions presented solve my issue.

- View server permissions in vCenter.  (I have give view server full admin rights to no avail)

- VMware tools update.  (No change)

I do have plenty of storage available and there has been no performannce issues for the past week, since problem began.

What I did wonder however is if the "Storage overcommit" setting on the pool is an issue. (see below)

pastedImage_4.png

Ideally I would open a support call but some genius in finance decided there was no need for that luxury.

Really learning this on the fly, so really sorry if I have no been clear with what my problem is.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies