VMware Cloud Community
TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Error message "Cannot login XXXX\administrator@2002:c00f:3758::c00f:3758 error"

Hi,

We are running vSphere 5.1.

Lately, our Domain Administrator change the password.  Then we get the error message "Cannot login XXXX\administrator@2002:c00f:3758::c00f:3758 error".   The eror message is at the vCenter Level.

From our understanding, we have updated all password and ESXi Hosts & VMs are running properly.

We would like to seek your advice which device / component gives us this error message ?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhanarajramesh
Jump to solution

you have to change the password in sso. open SSO thru vsphere web client with the username of sso ( default: admin@System-Domain). and Go to the section Administration – Sign-On Discovery. under this edit the active directory domain and change the password to new password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

As the error message is re Domain Administrator, I guess it is due to vCenter component BUT I have no clue.

It appears that 2002:c00f:3758::c00f:3758 is an IPv6 address BUT we don't use it in our site.  Is there any way to find which server it refers to ?

Your advice is sought.

Thanks

0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh
Jump to solution

you have to change the password in sso. open SSO thru vsphere web client with the username of sso ( default: admin@System-Domain). and Go to the section Administration – Sign-On Discovery. under this edit the active directory domain and change the password to new password.

0 Kudos
TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Many thanks for your advice.

I find that I don't get the error message when I use VI Client on my workstation.

When I attempt to login with admin@System-Domain, it says "Associated user's password is expired".  Does it mean my admin@System-Domain has expired ?  Wrong password or is related to the change of Domain Admin password ?

0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh
Jump to solution

1st q/ Ans: yes your SSO password has been expired 2) in order to change the password of domain administartor account, you have to login thru SSO account and try to change from there .
by default, VMware SSO user passwords expire after 365 days. you can change this policy by following article:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203382....  in order to reset the password you can follow this kb http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203586...
To reset the SSO administrator password on a Windows server: Login as an administrator to the vCenter SSO server. Click Start > Run, type cmd, and click OK. The Command Prompt window opens. Navigate to the directory SSOInstallDirectory\utils. By default, the installation directory is C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\SSOServer\utils. Run this command: rsautil reset-admin-password Enter the master password when prompted. Note: This is the password selected for the SSO administrator during the SSO installation. If you have changed your SSO administrator password later, the master password is still the original one chosen. Enter the SSO administrator name for which you want to reset the password. For example, admin. Enter the new password for the user and then confirm it a second time. You should see the message Password reset successfully.
how about your vcenter installed server administartor account? are they able to login in to vcenter?

jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You may check for any stored credential in other VMware product that rely on vCenter like VMware Horizon View and SRM or similar and check the stored credentials for the XXXX/Administrator account. This could be even due to any monitoring tools that has the credentials stored like HP SIM, etc.

0 Kudos
TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have successfully reset the Domain Administrator in SSO.  Unfortunately, we are still getting the error message: "Cannot login XXXX\administrator@2002:c00f:3758::c00f:3758 error".

Finally, we fix the problem by changing AD Administrator password on "Veeam ONE Free Edition".

Thanks

Message was edited by: TonyJK

Message was edited by: TonyJK