VMware Cloud Community
sportivo888
Contributor
Contributor

How to extend vSphere vCenter 5.5 Evaluation expires date

Hi Expert,

I have used vCenter 5.5 (on windows) in the past and my evaluation has expired.

Currently, sit for on class training course and needed to extend my vCenter (linux base) VCVA expires date, is it possible as considering for education and training purpose?

Before I post this thread, I have tried contact Vmware Support and log an issue with "Evaluation" category and request for extension for study purpose. Unfortunately I received an error saying I do not have an account with Vmware, after I click submit button.

Anyone please shine some light and I would be very much appreciated for your advice.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Other than assigning a valid license key (extended evaluation, or perpetual), one option is to reinstall the vCenter Server Appliance. Since this is used for studying, reinstalling might even serve as a good practice!?

André

0 Kudos
sportivo888
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the info, I can reinstall the vCenter windows version.  unfortunately I have only download vCenter installer for Windows version. When I tried download the vcva, it wouldn't allow and brought me straight to 'buy now'  page  cause of my expired date. my last option was to contact the support to extend so I can re-download the appliance. I guess I will try to call them instead of email.

steve

0 Kudos
bheemeswararao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

license either hardcode with NIC card MAC address, if you use some software to chagne your NIC mac address, you may bluff VMware software to treat this as new window machine and get this software install again on the server.

Or you can reimage widnows server and then install this vCenter that also works.  Try that works well..

0 Kudos
sportivo888
Contributor
Contributor

hi, thank for the suggestion s. however if my evaluation has expired (i still have the evaluation license)and I don't have vcva installer. how can I find and download the vCenter virtual appliance? I look elsewhere and couldn't find the download installer. could someone please kindly point me the URL to download the installer? as I tried to grab for on vmware but got an error message and also due to the evaluation expires date the page would not allow to download again.

0 Kudos
bheemeswararao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

https://vmware.com

Login with your VMware ID

Go to Download

Select all products

search for prodct what you looking

or directly click this below link may help you.

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VCL-VCOVA_552_OSS&productId=353

You can install any software with out key. that will treat as a evluation version and it will use for 60 days free.

0 Kudos