VMware Cloud Community
PC13
Contributor
Contributor

How to get Alarm list for which mail notification is configure?

In VCenter Server, there are set of predefined alarms and there are selective alarms for which mail notification has been set. Manually checking the alarm to verify the mail notification  set is a tedious task.

How to get the list of Alarms for which mail notification has been set along with Email recipients details?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PC13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

Please reply

Thanks

PC

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert

Please explore the PowerCLI cmdlets to achieve this, you can refer to Managing vSphere Alarms with PowerCLI | VMware PowerCLI Blog - VMware Blogs for more information.

You can use Get-AlarmDefination & Get-AlarmAction cmdlets to get the details about the alarm and the action.

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
PC13
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks f10. But, is there any way we can get the required information from VCenter or using some query on VCenter database? As i am not very comfortable in using PowerCLI.

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert

You can query the dbo.VPX_ALARM and dbo.VPX_ALARM_ACTION to retrieve the details about the alarm and their action. I am not an expert when it comes to query the SQL tables however you can google about using SELECT query etc.

Trust me once you start using PowerCLI you would never want to query the SQL DB tables. I am very comfortable with using PowerCLI to meet most of the reporting needs. All you have to do is download this executable from vmware and install it on one of your windows guests that has power shell 2.0.

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos