VMware Cloud Community
MikeOD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Split linked external PSC's into separate domains?

We have a vcenter 6.0u2 environment running on the appliances.  We currently have two sites, each site has a VCenter appliance and external PSC.  The VCenter in each site is pointed to its “own” PSC.  The PSC’s are in the same SSO domain.

We originally did this when we went to V6 so that we could have a single interface to see both sites, and potentially vmotion between the two sites.  However, since these are supposed to be a primary and D/R, I'm thinking we would have done better to keep them separate, so that in the event of an outage at one site, the other site wouldn't try to communicate with the down one.

What I’m looking at doing is separate the two VCenter sites into their own domain.  Basically, I want to break the replication between the two PSC’s so that each is in its own independent SSO domain.  The VCenter at each site would continue to talk to its own PSC.

Is this possible without having to rebuild the PSC and/or VCenter in either site?  Is it possible to just have the PSC’s not replicate to each other, so each thinks it’s in its own domain?

Mike O.

0 Kudos
0 Replies