VMware Cloud Community
rahulhcl
Contributor
Contributor

unable to export to ovf using vCenter 7.0.2.00500

Hi,

i am trying to export VM to OVF using vCenter but getting below error message, same thing tried using ESXi it works. Could you confirm how it can be resolved as their is no proxy configured in the system, also when i trying to login into vami of vcenter it given "unable to login" error but at the same time able to login using ssh with the same root password.

Failed to export OVF package. ThrowableProxy.cause A general system error occurred: Provider method implementation threw unexpected exception: com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.OperationNotFound: OperationNotFound (com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.operation_not_found) => { messages = [LocalizableMessage (com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message) => { id = vapi.method.input.invalid.interface, defaultMessage = Cannot find service 'com.vmware.appliance.networking.proxy'., args = [com.vmware.appliance.networking.proxy], params = <null>, localized = <null> }], data = <null>, errorType = OPERATION_NOT_FOUND }

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BivasM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First you should check if vami service is running or not.

login into vcenter as root

shell.set --enabled true

shell

service-control --status

if its not running you can try and Restart the VAMI service:

/sbin/service vami-lighttp restart
0 Kudos
rahulhcl
Contributor
Contributor

All required services are running, even I am able to open vami console but during login it given unable login error

0 Kudos
BivasM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the service is applmgmt. you can try a restart anyway. Your issue seems to be related to vcenter, thats why i am suggesting.

0 Kudos