VMware Cloud Community
userSmith
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter shows ds capacity incorrectly

Hello!

I have a strange situation regarding datastore. I'm doing storage migration for VM, but process fails with error:

Failed waiting for data. Error 195887107. Not found.

Failed to create one or more destination disks.

A fatal internal error occurred. See the virtual machine's log for more details.

VM logs:

[...]

SVMotionLocalDiskCreate: Failed to create destination disk: There is not enough space on the file system for the selected operation

[...]

VM disk is 400GB. There is no snapshots.

The strange thing is that;

Destination ds before migration:

pastedImage_1.png

Destination storage after migration fail:

pastedImage_2.png

This is the same ds!

After I click refresh:

pastedImage_3.png

but from esxi level (df -h);

pastedImage_5.png

Storage migration to another ds is not a problem.

Any ideas regarding this situation ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dsanchez1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i have the exact same error.

Do you solved this issue ?. The case was opened a few weeks ago, but still without any answer.

Thanks.

Diego

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Please perform a 'Rescan All' task on all the hosts that are accessing this datastore. From the vCenter, you can just right click on the datacenter (or the cluster if there is only one cluster) --> Storage --> Rescan --> Rescan both adapters and datastores. Most likely, this datastore was expanded previously and rescan was not performed on all the hosts. In actual, it has only 200 GB free space as reported in the ESXi command line.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
dsanchez1
Contributor
Contributor

Supreet, this is just a simple rescan, the problem persists in time.

And i don't have any kind of answer from vmware.

Thanks.

Diego

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Did you perform a rescan on all the hosts that have access to this datastore? Does the capacity value fluctuate when you refresh the storage information directly from the host client?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
dsanchez1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I perform a rescan on all host and values get refreshed. After a vmotion or sometimes when performing a manual migration of a vm, suddenly values in vcenter are wrong again.

Thanks,

Diego

0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

try connect directly in host esxi.

Let us know if problem is same.

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
dsanchez1
Contributor
Contributor

Diego, i don't understand your comment.

Thanks,

Diego

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

As mentioned in my previous comment, login to the host directly using the host client or the vSphere client depending on what version of ESXi you are running --> Try datastore refresh multiple times and check if the value fluctuates.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos