VMware Cloud Community
ThejasKV
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to see the datastores/storage policies listed in vCloud Director (Provider vDC creation wizard)

I have shared iSCSI datastores, both of them added under DRS Cluster (POD). A tag Gold_Tier is created and assigned to these datastores. A storage policy with name Gold_Tier is selected and selected one of the iSCSI datasore.

Only the local datstores are visible in vCloud Director. I am not able to see the shared iSCSI datastores. I tried to refresh the storage policies from the vCloud Director, but no success.

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

where did you create the Policy or Profile?  web client vs C# client.

If you're in vCenter 5.5, then you have to do it from the web client.  you also need to tag the datastores BEFORE adding them to the Storage Cluster (there is an issue about tagging afterwards).

Once they are added, you have to still add the Storage Policy to the Provider vDC before they will even show.  Everyone seems to forget this, the Provider needs to know to use them before you see datastores or the profile listed in the other parts of the GUI.

0 Kudos
ThejasKV
Contributor
Contributor

I am in 5.5 version. I have used only webclient to do all configuration.

Now I have moved the iscsi datastores out of the POD, and removed the tag assignment and added it back.

Recreated the storage policy and attached the tags to it, then refreshed the storage policy from vCD.

Even now I dont see the storage policy listed in vCD while creating a provider vDC. Under storage policy, *(Any) is the only one listed.

0 Kudos