VMware Cloud Community
Valentini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCD NIB Network Issues

I have setup VCD and am in the process of testing with a NIB Network/Pool.  I can get two vm's on different hosts to communicate via the NIB Network outside of VCD but not via VCD.(1)  When i create a new vApp the vm's provision and utilize the NIB Pool/Network however they cannot communicate with one another.

Example of environment:

server A

server B

dVS utilizing single nic on each host plugged into test physical switch configured to use jumbo packets

VCD implementation

utilizing the same dVS

Results:

(1) vm hosted on serverA can communicate with vm hosted on serverB while utilizing dVS

(2) VCD will create the vApp utilizing a NIB Pool and NIB Network.  On the dVS I see the vm's with different active port ID's. No communication is possible

Questions:

Should i see the vm's associated with the vApp on the same port ID?  (guessing not because the manually provisioned vm's also indicate a different port ID)

What would cause the vm's to not be able to communicate if vcd created everything without issue/errors? (no firewall is preventing comm on vm, internal private network only, win2k8r2 OS, ip's provisioned via VCD successfully)

Are there any additional configurations i need to perform other than simply creating the dVS? (i did up the mtu on the NIB pool to 1600 just in case)

Thank you,

0 Kudos
0 Replies