VMware Cloud Community
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Vcloud director with multiple VC

Hi All,

I have a quick question.

1) I have a vCloud director setup version 10.3.3 and the vCenter server TEST01 VC version 6.7 U3 integrated into it. It has only one cluster with 7 ESXi hosts. It also has a VSAN data store and other enterprise data stores. From the vCloud director, we created one PVDC and all the organizations are taking the resources from it.

2) So many organizations(25 org.) are running on this setup 10.3.3 version. Each organization has multiple VMs/templates and ISO.

3) Created DVS portgroups.It has 110 DVS port groups.

Question:
1) I like to add a new vCenter server "TEST02 VC" 8.7 U2 into the same VCD 1.0.3.3.
2) All these above 25 organizations will take out the resources from the new VC as well incase if there is any failure on the above TEST01 VC  ?

3) Before that,I will need to create 110 DVS port groups/new VSAN storage policies should be tagged to VCD ?

Please confirm.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
brandonbazan
Contributor
Contributor

Question:
1) I like to add a new vCenter server "TEST02 VC" 8.7 U2 into the same VCD 1.0.3.3.

A: No issues adding in another vCenter. This will require another PVDC to be created along with associating NSX(V or T)
2) All these above 25 organizations will take out the resources from the new VC as well incase if there is any failure on the above TEST01 VC  ?

A: The new orgs will only have an OVDC created in TEST01 and would require another OVDC under each Org to consume resources from TEST02

3) Before that,I will need to create 110 DVS port groups/new VSAN storage policies should be tagged to VCD ?

A: As part of adding a new vCenter and PVDC into VCD one would add the storage policies into VCD

0 Kudos